Friday 14 December 2012

Construction Of Contents Page



My contents page was also hard to select a theme for it to represent. My creation techniques were short but drastic and soon reflected ideas from my preliminary task with the added feelings of a slightly muted colour palette and simple images. I started off the design process by looking into yet another futuristic code and convention as featured by music magazines such as 'Q'. At first, I wanted my contents page to be so simple and clear for the readers and act as a practicality aspect to guide my audience through my magazine effortlessly. However, when I started to look back at my research of real life contents pages, I realised that a contents page can convey a lot about a magazine because it sums up everything that is featured in that particular edition. So, a simplistic theme may be effective, but if it's so simplistic that it's verging on becoming boring, then it will not entice readers in the slightest. So, I developed my idea drastically in one huge step..


I suddenly had so much inspiration from looking over the detailed research I did into the layout of contents pages for my planning. So, I combined the inspiration with ideas stemming from the 'scrapbook style' that I've mentioned before, until I reached my final product. I decided to include a section called 'Note from the editor' as this is an old technique put in place by most magazines in order  to make the audience feel so involved and personally directed by the words of the editor, as if He/She was talking to each reader individually. This technique draws the audience in and totally engages them in the articles etc mentioned on your contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment