Monday 26 November 2012

Shoots of my Coverstar



At first, I was pretty happy with the way that my first photoshoot turned out. I loved the simple colours that I used and the interesting angles and compositions. These images were absolutely perfect for my double page spread, however problems started to arise when I allocated on of the images for my cover. Once I saw the image as a part of my front cover, I soon realised that they weren't as effective as a 'front of house' message that shows exactly what my magazine is all about. This was for a few reasons, one of them being that the use of a prop (the guitar) was distracting vital attention away from her and allowing her to seemingly blend in to the background. One other factor that encouraged me to re-shoot was the way in which her white blouse did not contrast with the white background at all. For this reason in my next shoot, I chose black clothing so that it powerfully contrasted against the pure white background. 




 I was much happier with my results from my re-shoot. This definitely allowed me to expand my ideas further and obtain images that would be much more striking on the cover of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment