Tuesday 2 October 2012

Institutional Video



I found out that the main oligopolies (especially the main 3) in this specific industry actually produce many, many different genres of magzines which can range from a gardening publication to a magazine teaching people to play the piano. This way in which they work in very diverse topics shows their flexibility and how they really do know what they're doing. For my magazine, I would probably aim for using an institution such as Bauer Media because they are responsible for producing 'Kerrang!' and 'Q' and these are two of the main magazines that have influenced me strongly throughout my designing process. Therefore, I feel that an oligopolie such as Bauer Media would seemingly be the best for producing the exact genre I wanted as they would have the most experience in this area.

From this imovie I made, I learnt that institutions of the 3 main oligopolies in the music magazine industry have big reputations in the media world and are expected to produce very high quality publications as standard. This results in them having to think critically about everything that features in their magazines as they have an established reputation to uphold and maintain. This influenced me to think carefully about the kind of magazine I want to make as I want to create an appropriate atmosphere for my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment