Thursday 18 October 2012

Video of 'Dragon's Den Task' and review of mood board




Notes on the dragon's den presentation.

1)  How did you come up with this idea? (use your research to help you) 

* I came up with my idea for my magazine through the many different methods of research I did into the music magazine industry. 


* I looked into genres of music magazine that I personally like and took note of themes and codes and conventions that  they were composed of.

* One good method of putting my ideas together was via my ‘surveymonkey’ because I got a thorough idea of what different people were looking for in my magazine. 

* Although I knew early on that I wanted to make a magazine with an original/indie rock persuasion, I looked into many different genres anyway so that I could be influenced by aspects from each and therefore hopefully allow mine to reach out to multiple audiences and become accepted in the music industry as a whole.

2)  Is there space in the market for this type of magazine?

* There are a few magazines in the industry that use the same theme and genre as my planned publication but I feel that there would be space for my personal magazine because although I will create an original/indie rock theme, I have taken inspiration from many different types of genre and will attempt to combine influences from each. This will hopefully create a different and effective style of magazine that will attract a lot of readers.


3) Who is going to be the target audience for your magazine? 

* The desired target audience for my magazine is aimed mainly at a youthful, teenage audience. This is because I feel like the genre suits this audience the most. 

* I also wanted to convey the idea of a ‘fresh’ and ‘trendy’ atmosphere and I felt that the best way to do this was through aiming my publication towards a youthful target group.

* Another factor was that  wanted to use my age to my advantage because I personally know what this particular age group is interested in and what appeals to them. This benefits me because through the eyes of someone of the age group that I’m aiming to please, I can hopefully generate a magazine that totally appeals to my audience.

4) Be prepared to speak about an audience so make sure you know who they will be.

5) Have ideas of the double page spread, contents and front page stories.

* I am going to do a double page of a fictional, up-coming artist of an indie rock genre. It’s going to be composed of an interview with the artist themselves about a number of topics such as how they had their ‘rise to fame’ and who they are and what they’re about. 

* I am going to take inspiration from magazines such as NME and Q and the relaxed style in which they are interviewed and presented.




No comments:

Post a Comment